Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Living & Entertaining : Not your Mother's melamine

Ok, I'll confess, I am not big on throwing parties although I love being social with friends. Why ? I'm a perfectionist. Martha's got nothing on me, however, I sure don't have Matha's money, thus if I'm going to throw a party (and I am in mid July), it takes an enormous amount of stress, work, cost and planning just for me to have a BBQ the way I want it to taste and look. Being a foodie and compulsive decorator is not a good combo in this case, trust me.


For instance, I recently passed up a chair that was everything I was looking for and more and got one made at double the price, that I could not afford, because the other one was ugly. Not your grandparents-living-room-ugly, it was a bit nicer than that, but it offended my esthetic sensibilities and didn't "go" with my other seating... *sigh* Can I afford to do this ? NOPE ! I'm just a working girl with champagne taste on a box wine budget, but I could NOT bring myself to get the plain jane chair and not only save a few bucks, but have it instantly instead of waiting 2 months. Sick.


Ok, so what does this have to do with Melamine... well, sometimes it makes absolute sense to pay a bit more and I do know that which is why I try better stuff. For peace of mind, feeling good about the things that surround you, having things that last and all that adds up to enjoying life..
yes ??
YES!


So for anytime entertaining, but especially summer and for outdoors I ADORE LE CADEAUX Melamine Dinnerware and have been collecting it, using it for years and am getting more for my party. I mean when places like Williams Sonoma and other high end catalogs sell just one or two patterns (Touch of Europe have dozens of patterns) and sell out, you know it's good.. oddly though, it's pretty affordable if you collect it as you can and because it lasts, really lasts, it's a good investment.







At first glance you will swear le Cadeaux Melamine dinnerware is actually pottery.
You won't know otherwise until you pick it up, and then you will find yourself holding the best quality melamine you have ever experienced and the patterns ! Oy !
Le Cadeaux melamine is triple weight, dishwasher safe and very sturdy - it's almost impossible to break (ideal for klutzy friends, kids and family outdoors on the patio).


Le Cadeaux has distinctive colorful European designs inspired by traditional pottery from France, Italy and Spain, and will add a touch of class to any table setting.
Lead and cadmium free, that's important and is a big difference in your cheap megamart stuff, because it's made with the very best raw materials possible and of a quality unsurpassed on the market. Melamine but not just any melamine. Le Cadeaux  is Triple weight, heavy and durable, honestly, you'll be flabbergasted. It LASTS and lasts, hard to scratch, never fades or peels at the edges and looks just phenomenal (and Glam, No?)  





and....



and solid white Rustic




NOTE: Melamine is always dishwasher safe but never microwave safe. Remember, NO melamine can ever be microwaved (melamine is never microwave safe, because of how it's made).





If you have questions or just want recommendations, drop me an email, comment or facebook note

Ciao!

from Chez

Bona Fide Glam Junkie

No comments:

Post a Comment