Friday, December 9, 2011

LOVE the new KMS California Hair Care

So, my favorite Hair & Spa joint, Escape Uptown Salon & Spa, has unfortunately dropped the I.C.O.N line of hair care. It just never caught on, despite it being a great line.
The great news is, they now carry the FULL Range of KMS California Hair Care & Styling Products and having now tried about 6 products, I am in LOVE !

First, Kelly at Escape touched up my color, the usual and shampooed/conditioned me with Moist Repair - because I have colored, porous, but very baby fine hair that breaks easily and moisture, not protein is the main factor to helping that kind of hair.... just divine.

Then, she went about concocting the best use of KMS products to do the style I wanted, which was smooth and glossy on top with volume and cascading waves at the bottom (I have long hair).
She started with HAIRSTAY STYLE BOOST in the roots of my crown, sort of lifting my hair at the scalp with it while damp.
Now this stuff is AWESOME. It CRACKLES.. yes, crackles like pop rocks, in your hand (too cool)... that's how it activates out of the bottle to give you a medium hold and shine, but so light and without stickiness.




Then she went to SILK SHEEN : both the Styling Creme and Polishing Serum.
The effects of this were apparent after a blow dry (which went quicker than usual... this stuff is like PM's quick slip, but better, so you're hammering your head with heat even less of the time).

So because you blow it out for less time and the products are heat protective AND with the light hold in the product, you wind up with a faster, healthier, shinier looking style.
Now what's not to love about that !

That lovely style lasted through that afternoon, Thanksgiving the next day, Black Friday shopping and sleeping on it in between for those 3 days and never got heavy, greasy or dull and never lost it's shine or took more than a few minutes re-styling to get it back into place when I got up and I got plenty of compliments along the way.

Now, I'm not gorgeous like Kate Walsh, but this is basically the style I asked for and it's what I got and lasted for days, with yes, that much shine on my multi-colored red, pink & copper blond highlighted fine thin hair.
Now THAT'S not bad if you ask me.



Next I'm trying the different set of sample KMS California products Kelly sent home with me (ok, I already have and LOVE them, but that's another post).

Remember for winter, 

  1. Make sure your hair is well moisturized in winter with moisturizing, rather than protein products because of the cold dry air, heating and static wanting to make it crackle and break. Purely Protein products make your hair hard and brittle.
  2. Keep heat styling to a minimum, ALWAYS using a heat protectant product when you do blow out or flat iron. Let hair dry to 90 % dry before you do ANYTHING heat related yourself.
  3. Get a professional demi, semi or permanent color or glaze in winter. It helps seal and smooth down the hair cuticle and make it less prone to breaking and drying out.
  4. Try and use a leave in moisture masque or treatment (argan or monoi oil based ones are my fave) at least twice a month. You'll be shocked at the difference after just a few months. You can even sleep in them with a shower cap on if your time is jammed.
  5. SKIN : Exfoliate those dead dry winter skin cells off with every shower or bath. I just LOVE these Soaping Sponge Squares to do it gently, then Moisturize... A LOT.


Ciao!

from a
Bona Fide Glam Junkie




No comments:

Post a Comment