Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Best Hair Care Item EVER - ThermaFuse Serum

We all know I'm a product junkie and hair products are no exception, so when I was given samples of ThermaFuse products, ESPECIALLY the Dry Oil Treatment with Certified Organic Oils, including my fave oil, Argan Oil, I was excited to try it.



And OMG, this stuff ROCKS !
First, it really is a "dry" oil, meaning it's made up of a blend of oils that are not heavy and viscous, like say, coconut oil, it's light dry oils like Argan (Moroccan oil) that absorb really fast and don't leave your hair or skin greasy, oil and shiny.. they're quite remarkable and it's why they're a fave with skin and hair care developers quite apart from their health and repair properties.

So this is what ThermaFuse say
"This lightweight, dry oil serum contains Pure HeatSmart Complex for maximum heat protection. Instant hydration and a smooth satiny finish are just a treatment away. Your hair never felt more manageable or looked more healthy."
And that is pretty much right on the money. It isn't just oils, it's the blend and "carrier", plus it's certified organic oils, healthy and soooooo good for your hair.

The results ? For me (bushy frizzy, naturally horrible wavy white girl hair that is thin and fine.. yay :( NOT, with tons more in the back than on the top), so I need MOISTURE, but I can't have the top and crown weighed down.
I used about a dime size blob, that's all you need (I have mid back length, fine hair, so less if you're short, about the same if you're thick haired, you lucky doggette, a bit more if it's long and very full.... we hate you).

It did NOT make my hair greasy and oily. I let it air dry first time after washing with my normal KMS Califronia stuff (LOVE) - I use Freeshape or Volume Shamppo and Moistrepair Conditioner

  

So I slept on my damp hair, got up at dark thirty to catch a plane, quickly flat ironed it and was a bit in love with myself. *wink* Which is a good thing through 3 grumpy plane changes and 12 hours travelling.










That style lasted through 3 planes, drying airport & plane air and more and still looked good when we arrived at our international destination later that night and had dinner and a late chat with friends.
It STILL looked fine the next morning and during the day, not greasy, flat and draggy (you know what I mean).
Anyway, late afternoon I washed/conditioned (their shamp and cond rocks too), and this time scrunched the oil through, then blew it out ready to flat iron to go to a big party we were there for.
Now usually I get better flat iron results from an Air Dry, given my Thin Frizzy (haha), but with this oil, it actually was no worse with the blow dryer fuzzing everything up after I ironed it.

THAT RIGHT THERE put it over and above anything I have ever previously used for flat ironing and blow drying and I told the owner of Escape Uptown Salon & Spa as much (they gave me the samples, but I don't review anything glowingly AT ALL unless I love it). It's not cheap, but it really lasts and there are different sizes, however, you can probably stop buying a bunch of other "moisture and flatironing" products anyway, so you may be in front $$ wise if you convert.

Ok, so after said flights, dinners and parties, I was dead. My hair still looked good next morning, so I made that sucker last that night and the next 2 DAYS and it never looked limp or dirty. I gave in and washed it for the last day, blew it mostly dry, let it finish air drying, then ironed it again.
So for plane rides home and next day it nicely held up as we stumbled around, got home, then bumbled out the day after we got home and did all that shopping and getting settled back stuff you always have to do.


Can I also mention, I didn't use any other styling products except a spritz of KMS Free Shape Quick Blow Dry on the days I blew it out first... and a spritz of Aquage Finishing Spray on the top for the fly-aways and a little under the layers at the roots for root lift (swear this works great.. finish flat ironing, then lift your top layers, spritz some finishing spay under there, let the layers fall back, then slide your fingers up underneath and wriggle your fingers. Works a charm, no root lift product needed.





General Flat Iron Tips :: Even if your flat iron says it's for damp and dry hair, don't flat iron damp hair, you are essentially boiling the moisture in the shaft and wrecking your hair or making the frizz start up even faster. If your stylist does it, she/he knows what products to use to protect it and how long and what temp to keep the flat iron on your hair for your hair type, but don't do it yourself.
Second, NEVER EVER flat iron over hair sprayed hair. Don't even be tempted to just do a little touch up on dry, sprayed hair. This melts the lacquers, chemicals and polymers onto the hair shaft which can damage your hair and break it horribly if it's heavy lacquer spray or, best case if you use a lighter or healthier spray, it will cause heat-fused buildup that is horrifying to try and remove. If this happens, getting an all over color [semi, demi or permanent on more than 20 mins] or a professional moisture heat treatment will help remove it.
Or to try yourself, get a MOISTURE treatment (not protein or keratin) and leave it on damp hair for over an hour with a shower cap on, then shampoo out. Do it again if you can still feel the gunk on your hair or go to a professional. Fixing it quickly is the key to stopping breakage and damage.

Ok, so there you have it, my new fave hair product and one I know I'll love for a LONG time, there's just no downside to it unless you slap on too much and get a little greasy (but it's hard to do that with this dry oil.. it's just a waste to do that) or really balk at the price (but remember it really lasts and it's SO good... I still have my little 10ml sample from my trip and that's 5 or 6 washes now), PLUS there's 3 other products this one will replace that I'll never need to buy again.

You can get all of these products and expert advice from Escape Uptown Salon & Spa and even if you're not in the area, talk to them or email them... they are really good !



From the Glam Junkie



No comments:

Post a Comment