Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I.C.O.N Hair Care & Styling Stuff. AWESOME !

It takes a lot for me to rave about hair products, because I have fine, thinning, naturally ratty curly (not in a good way), long, old damaged hair.
So this is lengthy, but pay attention if you have mad or bad hair and sick of products that don't do what they promise.

I have tried every cheap and expensive product out there and usually give away a bag of "no goods" a month, my friends can attest.
I have a mixture of stuff that sort of works, depending on if I'm going straight or curly that day, but have never, ever found a line, full product line that I could just have 6 products to do everything, instead of 30 that I make insane witches brews of mixed "stuff" to try and work it.

The proof is in my Hair Cupboard (yes, this is JUST MY HAIR STUFF, not even including shampoo, conditioner or masques/treatments and tools)



So, I recently got the opportunity to try some of the products in the I.C.O.N line from Escape Uptown Salon & Spa (I also LOVE their Biomega Mist, which is the tall aqua, white cap bottle there) and of COURSE I'm game to try anything new, so when Stephanie asked, I said "YO"

The big deal about this stuff is that care products are as good for the inside as they are for the outside. Shampoos are sulfate-free, conditioners and treatments are filled with anti-agers, A.C.E. of vitamins and all are color-safe and Eco-Tech. The "regimedies" combine a shampoo, conditioner and treatment to take hair to a new dimension repairing and preparing it for style & design.
Utilizing the smart technology inside EcoTech formulations I.C.O.N. works to give each you a new or consistent identity, because at the end of the day, identity is what defines your style. I.C.O.N’s liquid tools can be cocktailed or used alone to create new dimensions that they call “Liquid Fashion.”
Cool huh?

So that's the "about".
My experience ?
I was given samples or a trial size of these...
  1. PROTEIN : Body Building Gel - (this is an unusual hybrid of moisture,  hydration and protein, plus a build-able light gel and styler), really innovative and it really works ! It's like a soft styling gel that treats your hair and protects it, but not too much protein to make it hard and brittle causing breaks, just enough for some strength. Very multi-tasking and infuses really well. You can use more to get a pretty impressive hold and hair design if that's your bag.
  2. DONE : Build-able Finishing Spray - (my new fave finishing spray by a MILE, sorry Paul Mitchell Clean, you've been dumped). This is also like PM Clean, insofar as it's clean on the hair, doesn't build up, but it has a clean smell, it will add some shine to your hair, it's a great root lifter and use a little for soft movable hold or root lift, then more to lacquer that sucker down if that's how you roll, then it still washes or brushes out without a trace. LOVE IT
  3. SERUM : Anti Age Therapy - Glossy anti-aging cuticle soothing, protection from free radicals and split end repairing treatment with hydration (it truly rocks), again really innovative, multi-tasking and incredible shine, protecting from flat irons and blow dryers.
The shampoo and conditioners have been used on my hair at the salon last week and I will have those too today, but I'll get advice on which ones for me, because there are a few and I have a few problems (hold your tongue) :-
There is Anti-aging, Detox, Indulgent, Hydration lines and Treatments as well as CURE Replenishing Spray for dry, over stressed, unruly "sick" hair with  each purchase of that getting a donation to organizations like STOP CANCER - Call the salon at 720 259 1370 for more information or email them.

But after my salon visit, with the Shamp/Condit and styling products, I got SO many compliments on how shiny, bouncy and cool my hair looked over the next 2 days before I washed it all out and did it myself.

And ya know what ? I got the same result as the salon, it's still looks great (miracles can happen?). Tons of shine, not limp and dry looking, volume, bounce.
SOLD !


The I.C.O.N line has a great pedigree, created by Jorge Rubin Owner and Master Stylist of Jorge Rubin Salons in California and Spain...and Chiara, the Hairdresser and mad genius behind the products research and creation, both no strangers to celebrity hair and all it's requirements to be perfect and constantly messed with.



Wrapping Up (or wrap it up)

It's not a cheap line, by any stretch, but it really does go a long way, you seriously don't need much of anything and in fact, you'll get in a mess if you over-do and over-use it. So in my book and given the money I've wasted over the years, this discovery of I.C.O.N is a relief and bargain for me.

Maybe I can use my hair cupboard for something else with just 4-6 products in there ?
like... oh, maybe some more skin care or a laser hair removal at-home machine, or.....
hopeless :( 



If you have questions or just want recommendations, drop me an email, comment or facebook note

Ciao!

from Chez

Bona Fide Glam Junkie


2 comments:

  1. Chez,

    We love your review of I.C.O.N. products! Glad to hear that our DONE Finishing Spray won you over. Have you tried PROTEIN + SERUM together as a cocktail for a multi-functioning styler treatment that also caries anti-aging properties? Let us know how it works for you!

    Best,
    I.C.O.N. Line

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'd also love to partner with you and get more product in your hands! Message us on Facebook for more details. Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete