Monday, March 21, 2011

Welcome !

Glam Junkie... yes. The side bar explanation is about 100% right and I've always been this way as frustrated sisters, mothers, husbands and boyfriends can attest.
Fashion, makeup, skincare, bag, shoe and hair product sales-persons regard me as their best friend (or meal ticket) and embarrassingly salivate when they see me coming, doubly so if I have a victim friend with me.

I have tried everything from home cooked beauty and dollar shop candles, to La Prairie and Louis Vuitton
Along the way I've found that sometimes you get what you pay for and sometimes you really don't.


  • Some things really are a steal and best in class even though cheap.
  • Some things the science backs up the splurge and it's a waste of money to get the cheaper (or pricier) alternative that's ineffective or worse, damaging.
  • Some things you're flat out stoopid for buying because you fell for the claims/advertising without research or common sense or because Kim Kardashian purportedly uses it (she's a freak of nature, so don't use anything she does, it's a waste)
  • Some things, worst of all, you just buy for the brand (do it all the time, my fellow junkies and trying to 12 step out of it).
  • Some things are worth the investment for comfort, longevity, performance, results, gratification, classic favorites that carry you through the good and bad... then many are not, but fun to have or use anyway.
  • Some things are just favorites that are as good for your mental health as any physical use they may or may not have.
  • Some things you wonder if a cheaper version might just be as good, but how to know ? (I can help with that) and how to get over having that cheap brand staring back at you from your makeup kit, hair products, closet or shoe rack (can't help you with that, except to tell you of some coping mechanisms and the upside).


So take a load off and I'll tell you what I know, which is vast and varied, but will take some time. Always bear in mind though, it's just my 2c worth and that plus $1799.98 plus tax will get you a gorgeous Saeco Espresso coffee machine from Williams Sonoma (seriously, it's $1800).
:)
First review tomorrow

Ciao!
Chezz


Bona Fide Glam Junkie

No comments:

Post a Comment